Happy Halloween! Come behind the scenes this Halloween with Sloppy Jones co-creator, actor and IRL bartender, Jamie Hart who plays bartender Harper Shelly in the series. Plus, Sebastian Sage, aka SJ’s resident himbo Damian Hardwell, even makes a guest appearance and does an official taste test for each drink.
Here’s our list of the perfectly cute and creepy cocktails for a Sloppy Halloween Party at home, online or at the Sloppy Jones Grill itself.
Please always enjoy responsibly – even if it’s just you alone at home.
Dark and Stormy Cocktail Recipe
Jamie makes a classic Dark and Stormy Cocktail with a facy twist.
“Dark and Stormy, something fun for those who love capitol R – Romantic Horror and Rum!”Jamie Hart
This is a variation on the classic recipe as we’re going to be “floating” the alcohol and layering the drink rather than shaking the ingredients together.
- 2-3oz. Ginger Beer
- 1oz. Lime Juice (.5oz if you prefer less tart)
- 1-2oz. Your Favourite Dark Rum
- 2 drops Angostura Bitters
- Start with a glass filled with ice.
- Add Lime and Ginger Beer.
- To create a “storm cloud” effect, use a spout or back of a bar spoon to slowly poor the Rum over the ice. This makes the dark liquor layer over the top of the ginger beer and lime.
- Add a couple dashes of Angostaura Bitters.
Extremely Bloody Caesar Recipe
Shout-out Canada for this one! It’s the country’s national drink.
- Celery Salt
- 1oz Vodka (or 2oz if you’re feeling fun)
- 4oz Clamato Juice
- 2 dashes Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 dashes Tabasco Sauce (more to taste)
- Optional: Pickle juice
- Garnishes: Salt, Pepper, Pickle, Olive
- Take your glass and dip it in lime juice. Then rim your glass with celery salt, and fill with ice.
- Add Vodka, Tabasco Sauce and Worcestershire Sauce into the glass.
- OPTIONAL: Add a splash of pickle juice.
- Fill the rest of the glass with Clamato
- Garnish with salt, pepper, a pickle and an olive
Get Sloppy with a Zombie Recipe
The Zombie is a classic Tiki cocktail made with fruit juices, liqueurs and rum. It was actually invented by Donn Beach (very Tiki) at his Hollywood Don the Beachcomber restaurant in 1934. Here’s the 2020 Sloppy Jones version, still fruity and very strong, but simpler.
- 2 oz. Pineapple Juice
- 1/2oz. Lime Juice
- 1oz. White Rum
- 1oz. Dark Rum
- 1/2oz. Orange Brandy
- 2 dashes Angostura Bitters
- Pour all your ingredients (except the bitters) into a cocktail shaker.
- Shake well without ice to create a froth.
- Add your ice and shake once more to chill.
- Strain into a glass.
- Garnish with two dashes of Angostura bitters and enjoy.
Blood Red Sangria Recipe
This classic wine based cocktail is perfect for a summer beach day and a spooky fall night. Take this recipe and multiply it by however many guests you’re serving to make a party pitcher.
- A handful of Strawberries and Blueberries
- 1/2 oz. Lime Juice
- 1 oz. Pineapple Juice
- Splash of Ginger Ale
- 1/2 oz. of Orange & Brandy Liquer
- 4 oz. of Red Wine
- Start with a glass flled with ice.
- Add 4 oz. Red Wine.
- Add lime juice, pineapple juice, Orange & Brandy liquer and ginger ale.
- Add your fruit garnishes and stir tomix everything together.
Share your Halloween cocktail recipes in the comments below. Or tell us how you liked one of our creations if you try it out for yourself!